Rafael Del Valle Vega
Is the partner-in-charge of the Tax Department of the firm.
For 22 years, he has shared his tax knowledge with individuals as well as local and international corporations that do business in Puerto Rico.
Del Valle has represented taxpayers before the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, the Puerto Rico Treasury Department and other local government and municipal agencies.
He has conducted training sessions and seminars for the Puerto Rico Society of CPA and other professional and private entities including Banco Popular de Puerto Rico and the Bortech Institute.
Other services he has provided include: tax planning for corporate mergers, reorganizations and tax exemption grants for manufacturing, tourism and service-sector entities.
Del Valle obtained a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a Major in Accounting from the University of Puerto Rico.
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Obtaining rulings from Puerto Rico Treasury Department
- Experience in corporate and individual taxes, including corporations with approved tax exemption grants in Puerto Rico and the U.S.
- Interpretation of tax laws and their effect on specific business matters
- Substantial experience in dealing with income tax problems of U.S. - based companies doing business in Puerto Rico
- Personal corporate tax planning
- Preparation of closing agreements
- Former President of Puerto Rico Society of CPA 2008-2009
- First and Second Vice President and Treasurer of the Puerto Rico Society of CPA between 2001-2007
- Advisor for the local chapter of the Associated General Contractors
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Puerto Rico Society of CPA (Member of the Board of Directors for four years and chairman of various committees including legislation, taxes, and insurance)
- President of Sponsor Committee for the Society of CPA Annual Convention – 2002-2003, 2003-2004, 2004-2005, and 2005-06
- Treasurer of the Boys Scouts of America - Troop 240 in Guaynabo
- President of the Caguas Chapter of the CPA College in 1998